View Single Post
October 30th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a great article... thanks for posting it.

With Xander he passed maconium and he was in distress. I didn't even know this until after he was born. Right before I pushed him out I remember my midwife saying push as if you're trying to save your baby's life. She was so super calm that I just thought she was trying to help me with pushing him out... not that she actually meant it that way. As soon as she said that I was able to push out his head with the next push. Heh... like I said I didn't even know what was going on until I was talking with the midwifes assistant and she told me we wouldn't have even had time to transport to the hospital. I had to get him out right then or there or things would've gotten even scarier. He was fine and we didn't have to transfer at all... they were able to suction everything out really easily.

If you read Aiden's birth story then you know that he also had maconium but that was because he was post term. I wish I would have been able to read that article before I had him though. It really freaked me out when my midwife said there were flecks of maconium because of what happened with Xander. She had to calm me down and explain it to me!