View Single Post
November 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
wow, mrs pil, your inlaws sound like FUN! A real laugh riot......no wonder you have panic attacks! who wouldn't with those people![/b]
Are yah kidding me?!?! Funny story - some distant slightly more tolerable relation of DH's is an OB nurse. She just had her baby but two days before she did she and I were talking in her kitchen about homebirth and BFing... MIL was in there with us and was completely offended by the fact that we thought BFing is healthier than bottles and was even so bold as to tell this poor woman (who agreed with me that all the stats say homebirth is safer) that she and I were wrong about homebirth. I swear to God I could be a freaking OBGYN and she still wouldn't want to hear what I have to say. Ahhhh!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler