View Single Post
November 3rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
We are going to learn how to make a fading blinkie, like this:

I am using Photoshop/Image Ready, but am sure that the following techniques can be used in other programs.

1. Make a regular blinkie and open it in ImageReady or your animation program of choice.

2. Start setting up your frames, we will be using the Opacity feature shown below:

3. With this blinkie we have two lines of text we want to animate, you will have 11 frames for each line of text, if you decide to do your blinkie dots too, you will have more...but we will skip that for now.

4. Each of the 11 frames will have a different opacity %, as follows: 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 80, 60, 40, 20, 10.

5. To start, duplicate your first line of text the way you want it to appear, so that there are 11 frames. Next, Make sure you are on the first frame, highlight the layer of text we are working with and change the opacity to 10%.

6. Click on the 2nd frame and increase the opacity to 20%. Continue until you are on frame 11 and back to 10%.

7. You will then start on your 2nd line, repeating the steps above.

8. When you are finished, you will then want to adjust the seconds each frame plays. Just whatever works for you and hit play. There you go!

I am not the best at explaining things, so I hope this made sense. I would be glad to answer any questions if you just want to send me a PM.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!