View Single Post
November 3rd, 2006, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Funny you mention - I had a dream the other night that they made me go to the hospital to put the baby back in so I could give birth in a hospital. I was so upset - I kept reminding myself in the dream "I can refuse anything" lol. I gave birth, and was fighting them screaming "NO PITOCIN" lol.

Im not more scared of them in general, i was very wary of them to begin with having been a doula... I really just didnt want to have to fight them on a day that was supposed to be so special and memorablee. I didnt want one of my biggest memories of the day I gave birth to be how I fought the nurses off & dodged the pitocin (which looking back, they would have surely given me & also loking back it would have surely ended up poorly b/c of how my labor was).

So... I woudlnt want to do it in a hospital unless I had no other choice, and I wouldnt be afriad of it in a transport situation b/c then Id feel comfortable knowing that a lot of the interventions would be done out of true necessity. Not just someone else's necessity (to get on to the next patient or their golf game lol).

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>