Topic: Morning!
View Single Post
November 11th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We ended up taking this week off from school. We had 2 deaths, not directly family but close enough. My sister's MIL died VERY UNEXPECTEDLY in her sleep last Thursday. We were all so shocked and broken-hearted by it. Then last Saturday my other sister's dh's grandmother passed away. So we had 2 funerals this week and I was just not up to doing school. We will be doing our Thanksgiving week this coming week though. It should be fun. I'm doing a week early because I'm fairly certain we'll be spending Thanksgiving week at my MIL's house.

As far as Christmas shopping goes, I just got all my kids' stuff last night. Well, almost all. I just need to get shoes & boots. We decided not to do the toy thing this year (eventhough they're all still young) because they really don't play with toys anymore. They have a ton of toys that they never do anything with. They like games, drawing/coloring, & dressing up (costumes). So this year, they are each getting: new Christmas pj's; a board game--Battleship, Monopoly Jr, & Yahtzee Jr; a V-Smile game--Superman, Blue's Clues, & Finding Nemo; Crayola Color Wonder books w/markers; 2 pairs of blue jeans; and shoes/boots. For their stockings, they are each getting: new undies, toothbrushes (the battery powered ones), bath fizzies, bath paint, and a DVD--Cars, Curious George, & Fantastic Four. We may end up getting new bikes & a tv/dvd player for their room, but not sure yet. We'll have to wait and see what the finances look like later on.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*