View Single Post
November 11th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! Am I reading this right? He makes her get up at 5am to do school?? That's just way too early for a kid her age to be getting up.
I don't know your personal history with your dad, but he really sounds like a controlling person. I'm so sorry he's doing this to you AND your dd. By taking over and disrespecting you, he's teaching your dd to disrespect you, too. It seems to me that he *knows* he has something to hold over you (paying rent) and by that can have the control. I know it's alot easier said than done, but you (or your dh if you just can't) need to take that control away from him! Whether he stays and pays rent, or goes, or you & your family go, something has to change. He needs to realize that he no longer has that hold over you. You are a grown woman with a family of YOUR OWN. It's not his place to take over your dd's schooling or anything else in YOUR home. He needs to realize that.
Big hugs to you. I know it can't be easy. And I just want to add, that Chelita made a very good statement! Well said!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*