View Single Post
November 11th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I called my midwife on Wednesday because I woke up to contractions that were consistently 4 minutes apart, despite changing positions and walking around. She started her 3 hour drive right away.

Things stayed steady like that all day. Contractions didn't intensify, they just got closer together and weren't painulf yet. Through the night they got really bad, then I fell alseep and they settled back down to what they had been before - painless, but consistent. Thursday, we tried castor oil to try and speed things along...it definitely jump started things, my contractions got REALLY painful during the night. I had DH fill up the birth pool and everything. I was falling asleep between contractions, so I figured I would go labour in bed so I could get some rest in between them. I fell asleep and woke up at 5:30am with NOTHING. Not a cramp. Not a contraction. NOTHING.

So no baby. No contractions since. My midwife is going to go home tomorrow - she came in such a hurray that she only brought one changes of clothes, thinking I would go fast like my last baby. She'll come back Wednesday if I haven't called her before that. She thinks I'll go fast and furious when things start up again.

Grrrrrrrr.