View Single Post
November 12th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Kangaroo510
Ok, Dahlia is back to sleep for the night so I had a few more things I wanted to add!

The reason that I wouldn't put my kid in school is because I feel it is my job to teach them and I want to be in control of what they are learning, even at a very early age. I think that some of the things they make kindergarteners do in school is rediculus. My neice came home with fraction and simple algebra paper. Now, I think those are important. Especially in the kitchen when you are cooking. Do I think a 4 year old should know some fractions? Yes, but I don't think that in kindergarten they need to be sitting and doing them out of a workbook. That is where you go into the kitchen and make some brownies and they can put in the 1 1/2 cups of flour! The reason I would like to have a "school like environment" at an early age is because I've taught k4 and worked with k5 and I just love all of the cool little things kids get to have in school. Like I said above, some mornings I packed my lunch and backpack and took the "bus" to school. It was fun, my mom thought it was cute. I never did get my cubby though!

I also hope to do a lot of schooling outside. I did a lot of work on our trampoline! My mom didn't care where I was as long as I was working. I even did school on our roof once! It was the flat part above my bedroom and I hung out up there a lot! It seemed like a good place to learn.

I plan to put her in classes with either other homeschoolers or with the local park district. Music is a big part of my life and my husbands life and I enjoyed sports and he played when he was younger so we want to give her the chance to do as much as she would like to. I told Aaron that she can take any class she wants and try as many different things as she wants as long as she sees all of them out to the end of the class or gives a good effort (in the case of something that doesn't have a definate ending). Hopefully I'll be rich by then! HAHA

I have many hopes, dreams and ideas but none of those are as important to me as a happy little girl (and happy little siblings)!