View Single Post
November 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Hi Everyone - nice to meet you. As I mentioned in another thread, I have been lurking here since late August & am just now ready to post. I know that sounds dumb, but we are so new to homeschooling (just since Sept) that I have just been soaking up all the great advice & have not really had anything to add. But, we are now getting the hang of things & really getting into a groove, so hopefully I will be here a bit more regularly.

Our son Jake is 4 1/2 & we are doing kindergarten curriculum with him. As I said, it took us a while to get into a groove, but things are going very well now & we are all really enjoying having more time as a family. That was really our biggest motivation for starting to homeschool. And part of the reason I think it took us a bit longer to get feeling "right" is that up until mid-August I was working full time (and have been since Jake was 9 months old), & I actually quit my job to stay at home when we made this homecshooling decision. So I'm adjusting to this new life on many levels. And some days are definitely better than others!

We live in Ontario, Canada - not sure if you have any other Canucks on the board - I haven't seen any yet. We do spend a great deal of time (several vacations a year) in the US, as most of my husband's family is there.

I'm not sure what else to tell you & I'm sure you're bored of hearing about me already so I'll leave it at that!

Happy Friday!!