View Single Post
November 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used a prenatal blend of herbs starting at 35 weeks, gradually increasing them. They were actually Polly Jean Ante-natal formula.

I also took:
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea for toning the uterus (makes contractions more efficient so they can accomplish what they need to with less effort).
Evening Primrose Oil - 2 in the am orally, 2 in the pm vaginally (to ripen the cervix so that when contractions begin,the cervix can open more easily)
Alfalfa & Nettle - to strengthen the bag of waters to avoid Premature Rupture of Membranes, or my water breaking before labor begins and to boost Vitamin K since I was declining Vit K injection. My water didnt break until the pushing stage

For me, I think it really helped. I got good, efficient contractions. I was 3 cm by the time I went into labor. I had about a 4.5 hour labor, that while intense, was effective!

I definitely encourage anyone to try them. They work better in some than others, but theyre definitely a help. The alfalfa & nettle especially b/c of its overall qualities & benefits. Alfalfa is considered the father of all vitamins I think.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>