View Single Post
December 8th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just out of curiousity I was wondering how many women here use hormonal birth control? I was reading and article not long ago about the pill for men and one today about a chewable mint flavored pill for women. I know that a lot of you prefer natural to synthetics so I wonder how you feel on this particular subject. What have you tried, what have you liked, what have you disliked and what would you like to try?

I know from experience that hormone based contraceptives are dangerous to my body. I've tried and had allergic reactions to the pill (two or three different variations), the patch, and the ring. I wanted to try an IUD but the only one offered in my area is hormone based and I won't risk it. We are hoping that LAM will work for us for a while, and we'll see where we go from there.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler