View Single Post
December 9th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I hope you don't mind me posting here. I had desparately wanted a homebirth, but unfortunately my little Boo had other plans. Someday... maybe... we'll try again. Anyways, i had planned on planting a rosebush over the placenta in my parents yard. When I asked to see the placenta during my c-section they looked at me like I had rocks in my head. I know it may sound silly, but the thought of my placenta becoming medical waste makes me want to cry.

Kimbo[/b]

That's not silly! Docs are just weird! I'm GLAD to see you posting here, you don't have to have had a HB to be here, just be interested. Planted over a rosebush is actually what we did with DD's placenta, how funny. I didn't even think of it, but my mother made them save it...it was a hospital in a rather small town, I don't think anyone had ever asked to take it home and they were just so surprised they did it, LOL. I'm sure it was against regs though... We had it in our freezer for two years and my mom would try to show it to whoever walked through the door, she's so weird......

So, WELCOME! keep posting, stick around, we're glad to have you! Can i ask why the c-sec? I'm due in about 8-10 weeks and that's one of my fears...