Topic: New here!
View Single Post
December 20th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi all!

My name is Jessica, I am 23 years old, married to Nathan. We are from NY but will be Oklahoma residents come spring!! My 9 month old daughter Dakota was born in a hospital. I had 2 epidurals, the first one numbed me from the waist up and the second one only numbed one side. By the time they got the second one in, I was already feeling pressure to push and she was born about 45 minutes later. Labor lasted 13 hours from when my water broke. I only pushed 15 minutes and didn't tear at all.

I have thought about a home birth for my second one. I am not pregnant yet but its never too early to think about it!

I will be totally honest with you... my biggest fear is something being wrong with the baby or me and not being at a medical facility to get help in time. I am sure other people have had this fear before, but it really does weigh heavy on my mind!

Pain also, is another fear I have. I know I made it through Dakota's birth with epidurals that didn't work correctly, so I feel like I def. could have done it and can do it naturally the second time. I was very tense though and I am so afraid of not being able to relax enough.

I am still browsing through your forum, trying to soak in alot of info, but if any of you can help me out with some info or just some advice, please do!

Nice to meet you all!