View Single Post
January 5th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Super Mommy
For my planned waterbirth I bought an inflatable pool that has been specifically designed for birth. It's called "La Bassine" and you can check it out online at www.madeinwater.com. It was designed in the UK by a woman who birthed all her children in water. It is deeper than the standard inflatable and because it was designed for birth it has handles for resistance when you get to the pushing stage. It looked really great, but unfortunately I can't give you a personal testimonial as my birth did not end up in water as I had planned. It is actually kinda funny... sorta... In my circle there were three of us who were planning home waterbirths and purchased the same pool. One of us inflated it, but did not even get to fill it. I managed to get mine filled with water, but never used it. My other friend got the furthest... she inflated it, filled it with water and got in... for two contractions and then decided at the last minute that she didn't want to give birth in water. Anyways... I still think it is worth checking out.

Kimbo