View Single Post
January 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hey guys-

I've never posted here before so here's a little run down on my situation before I get to my question. My husband and I have been married 3 years and are just starting to think about TTC. We are both chiropractors and are not into drugs, hospitals, unecessary surgeries...So, we are for sure going to have a homebirth when I get pregnant. My question (finally I know~sorry for being long winded) is...for your homebirth, did you rent a water tub to have it in? If you did, was it any different then a regular birth? Just wondered what your perspective is! Have a great day![/b]

We bought a pool from our midwife and used it for two births.

I had my first two in hospital "dry" (no water) and my last two at home in the pool. The difference was like night and day! I tore with my hospital births, but not my waterbirths. My post partum bleeding stopped weeks sooner than it did with my hospital births. Minimal swelling after birth compared to 2 days sitting on ice packs at the hospital! The water really does cut contraction pain in half!

If you're the kind of person who likes a nice warm bath when stressed or in pain - waterbirth is for you!

Another bonus, all the mess is contained to one spot. Drain the pool, mess is gone.