View Single Post
January 12th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Regular
I am hoping to adopt some day, but I'm trying to figure out when I should being the process. I realize the answers to my questions are different depending on if I'm adopting from Canada or from another country, and on whether I'm hoping for a closed adoption or an open adoption. I realize the CAS will pay for adoptions through their agency of fostercare children who become adoptable, and that is certainly an idea, but how long would the wait be from beginning to end to adopt a healthy infant(newborn to age 2)? With the other adoptions, how long would they typically be, and how much is the cost for Canadians adopting?

I'm thinking the wait for a healthy baby would be shorter through an agency compared to the CAS, but I don't know if we could afford it. I know why the cost is there (court fees, adoption papers, home study, etc), but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it affordable.

I'm also wondering if an agency or the CAS would refuse us as adoptive parents, because we already have a biological child, and we do not have any fertility problems. Anyone have any insight to this?