View Single Post
January 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have loved reading the posts ladies!

Things that really make my ears red:
1. It was such a blessing that I had a section, the baby had cord around the neck!
2. Water ruptured at 1 and 2 cm's...come on!!! You would have to really work that hook in there! Good grief!
3. Well I could have never had my baby at home...I had such and such.... (and I just smile and think well gosh, we have a mom like that right now!)
4. Birth is messy
5. ALL THOSE VAGINAL CHECKS! I can't stand how women allow someone to put their hand in there all the time. How they depend on that persons hand to tell them what they are doing. The cervix lies man, the cervix lies!
6. They go in with way early prodromal labor and are told...you are not progressing. Here's the pit! Come on! They don't need pit. They need to go home and drink a small glass of wine, watch a good movie, eat a good meal, rest, snuggle with family. They need their caregiver to tell them that yes this is hard...but this is how it is!

I could go on and on and on! *sigh* Guess that is why I had to be the change I saw. I couldn't stand there and watch anymore. I was never cut out for doula work. Oh gosh it was stressful!

Okay...I had to add one more!

Telling a mother when to push, how long to push, and how to push...all while you have her on her back with her legs in the air! Every nurse that comes in stares at her vagina like it is a show! Come on! Strangers who will never remember this special and magical day are staring at her vagina! I can't stand it!