View Single Post
January 20th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
When does a woman's body not labor when pregnant??[/b]
Really! It just seems so simple, huh?

Quote:
Ok so I've been having these 'checks" since 36 weeks (they hurt like hell).They tell me right now I'm a fingertip dialted and 60% effaced. So I said "that doesn't really mean anything does it because everyone is different and everything is so unpredictable right" and she said "well it is a good sign".To me it doesn't mean anything until you start having real contractions. I have an NST test scheduled 2 days after my due date (which is very accurate) and she said we could start making plans. I assume she means giving me pitocin which bothers me because although they guarentee contractions they don't guarentee dilation and that can lead to problems right? If I'm in labor and hear your babys in distress I think that will put me into panic mode and I can't handle that.I can't handle the thought of something causing him harm.I am very very uncomfortable but getting induced doesn't sound good to me.I read these horror stories.I am just so nervous about it all.[/b]
Well yes, it is good. It is good for you! For you a fingertip and some effacement is GREAT! I think you know what you should do. My suggestion is to not use pit unless it is a last ditch effort to NOT have a section!