View Single Post
January 23rd, 2007, 03:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At this point there's no real use in trying to prevent birth I don't think, if it's gonna happen you'll just have to boot them. I find that not-so-idle threats help in this department (you know all about the madness that is my MIL) and when those fail, cops are great! (JK about the cops part - that'd be a bit tense for a birth)

I can comiserate, people keep calling us to see if I'm in labor and if they can come over. Even when I am in labor the answer will be no and DH is not to call anyone under pain of death. And should they show up here they will find locked doors and a super b!tch to kick them right back to whereever they came from!

Good luck with them, I feel your pain!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler