View Single Post
January 29th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I am sooooo very excited to even have the option! We have been planning a hospital birth due to the fact that it is what our insurance covers and we couldnt really afford much more than a doula. I went to my first childbirth ed. class today that is taught by my doula (who is also a homebirth CPM) and I said something to her that really got me thinking. I said, "I feel that I will be worrying the entire time Im at the hospital about whether or not the nurse/doctor that just came through the door is going to try to give me pitocin or rupture my membranes or perform some other unnecessary task without asking me first or even letting me know whats going to happen." I then realized what an awful situation I would be in if that were the case. It makes so much more sense to me to give birth in a safe and relaxing environment with people I know and trust than to be in a forced situation where Im scared out of my mind with strangers making the whole thing worse. This may be the only time I give birth and I dont want to look back on it with regret. I discussed this with my husband on our drive home and he says if this is what I want to do that he will figure out a way to pay for it. We still have to talk to our doula/CPM to figure out the specifics but I feel in my heart that this will happen! I just had to share.

Jenny

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Angie and she said she'd be honored to assist our birth!!! She is even basing the fee on our income so we can afford it!!!! I'm soooo excited!!!! YAY!!!
I can do a water birth if I like, too!

Now I need to help my mom feel a little better about the whole thing. She is scared that its dangerous. I already have plans to show her the stats and all the links I can find. I dont want her to be worried.

*DOES HAPPY DANCE*

</MARQUEE>