View Single Post
January 31st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
#1, where the HECK would I put a birth tub? We have a very very small house (under 900 sq ft) and there's not a lot of floor space. How much room do they take up?

I had planned on buying a La Bassine, but I didnt get around to it before my son was born. I have heard they don't take up too much space. There are several options. I even looked at some small "kiddie" pools. I'm sure with a little measuring and research, you could find a good one!

#2. what if my house is a mess or dirty? would I need to thoroughly cleanse my house?

This was one of my first questions too. My house was very clean, but that's only because I was nesting hardcore before my labor started, and I wanted (see: NEEDED ) it that way. I have read many stories of homebirths, and I'm sure thats last thing on the birth teams mind at the time! Also, I read somewhere that as long as you have a place to sit/lay to labor and somewhere cleared off to put the tools, thats as clean as it needs to be.

#3. dealing with questions/concerns from family members. My mom seems *okay* with the idea once I told her the midwife would definitely be there. But I know I'd get some negative feedback from other people.

I got lots of negative feedback. I would just tell people *I* had done my research, and felt that I was doing what was best for myself, and my child. Please don't let other peoples ignorace dissuade you from doing whats best.

#4. what are the risks involved? are they really any more than having the baby at the BC?

I honestly feel that having a homebirth is the safest, bar none.

#5. I don't know if my insurance would cover it... I'm on state/medicaid and I don't know for sure how that would work. They do cover the BC for sure, but I don't know about homebirth. how would I go about asking them about it?

I agree with Butter, the only way to know for sure is to call them.

#6. nevermind... my midwife is also a pediatrician, so that nixed that question!!

My mw did all Dominics care up to 6 weeks of age too.

Any other thoughts, suggestions, links??

I have several that I cant think of right now (nak)

http://www.trustbirth.com/

<div align="center"></div>