View Single Post
February 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Your midwife will have a list of things she'll probably want you to have on hand for the birth.

You might look for an herbal called "After-Eze", for the afterbirth pains which truly are (trust me on this!) worse than labor. Although, I think the afterpains might not be as bad with your first.

Also, start filling your freezer with heat-and-eat meals. For the last month of a pregnancy I've always made double portions of everything and frozen the extras. However, you might not need that for just two of you, especially if you have friends or family close by who might bring meals.

Finally, my hubby and I studied the book "Emergency Childbirth". It was written as a manual for non-medical folks who might find themselves in a situation to deliver a baby (like firemen or taxi drivers, I guess). I would recommend having it just because you truly "never know" and you don't want to be in a panic if your labor comes on quicker than your midwife.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!