View Single Post
February 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, ditto on the after-ease I used massive amounts of it my first day - the after pains (for me) were worse than any part of labor... Which is not to say that they were god-awful but it was like a bad period.

I used a plethera of different herbs all of them from Mountain Meadow (http://www.mountainmeadowherbs.com) and I would order any and all of them again in a heartbeat. I used the Gentle Birth Formula and well over half of my labor was completely painless. The last few hours were a bit harder but no worse than hard constipation cramps (sorry that's the best comparison I can think of).

I didn't do *any* childbirth classes like Bradley or hypnobirth. Take my advice, don't do that. I thought that they would be to expensive or time consuming or that I would know all the info they were giving but that's the one and only thing that I would change about my labor.

I would also look at essential oils, I used lavender, jasmine, and a custom blend with lavender, bergamot, geranium, rose, and myrrh. My favourite was the plain lavender but I would use the other two again in a heartbeat!

The only other word of wisdom I can offer is don't overdo it on the Shepherd's purse if you use any... I did a dropperful to much and had some problems passing clots on days one and two which made me physically uncomfortable and mentally nervous.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler