View Single Post
February 4th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Jennifer the Momma
Prayer was my biggest help. I wasn't very far dilated when I got my epi with my son. It was after 7 hours of gel induced labor. He was born 4 hours after that. But with Ele, I just prayed and prayed and prayed. I prayed for specific things that I knew would help me. Laboring through the night was a big one. I didn't want to labor while my son and mom were awake. Too much distraction. I prayed for a break when I couldn't take it anymore also, and God mercifully gave it to me! I slept through a few minor contractions then went into pushing about 20 minutes later. I also did the normal stuff like changing positions, laying in a warm bath, etc. And I did lots of squatting in the weeks before labor to try and get Ele as low as she would go before actually coming out. I wanted to do whatever I *thought* would help shorten labor. My labor was only 4 hours with her.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.