View Single Post
February 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well im a wierdo lol.

I kept looking for signs - I had none. i was waiting for energy, nesting, bowel changes, anything - nothing.

At 40 weeks, i went to see an acupuncturist figuring it could help move things along - Id had some contractions a few days before that lasted 16 hours - 5 mins apart. I left the office, my sinuses started draining. Got home & felt like a train had hit me & like I was coming down with a cold. I was so anxious I thought MAYBE this is it!

I just kept getting worse & worse though - so I took out all the accupressure tabs shed applied & said screw this!. Within an hour, I was back to feelign normal lol. I think my body was clearing out the sinuses which it does do before labor sometimes, but my body just wasnt ready. I was fine with that.

The day I went into labor was a week past my EDD. Id delivered 6 days BEFORE my EDD with my first, so this seemed like it was REALLY dragging on forever! lol.

But, nothing seemed different. no different feelings. No typical signs. I was having contractions, every 40 mins. They were noticable, but u know - 40 mins apart who thinks anything of those?!

That evening - I got 2 or 3 back to back then nothing again for 40 mins. But when I called my MW to tell her I was really working through these putsy contractions, she headed over.
She got here at 10:30, and almost immediately, I started having contractions closer together - but they didnt get regular until halfway through labor!

4 1/2 hours after she got here, I had the baby!

Personally, every time I had all "the signs" - it was "false alarms". The one day when I felt pretty normal, no signs of any impending labor, etc... I went into labor lol.

You never really know I guess. But, even without ANY signs, youll know It sounds so contradictory, but its true!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>