View Single Post
February 7th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
well, it's odd that he won't research it if he researches everything else. I didn't have a struggle with my DH, I just prefaced teh conversation with....I NEED this, and i need you to at least try to be on board. The idea initially appealed to him, and more so after he met the MW. Print out Isaeph's birth story, heck, that's what sold me on HB Maybe if he sees the intimacy and the love that they we able to share during their birth, THAT will get to him. I also think that if he's on board for the UP, if you can INVOLVE him in it, have him help you with each "check-up" that would help empower him. does that make sense? By the time birth rolled around, it would prob feel wierd to him to invite anyone else.[/b]
I agree, it is really odd. But I can see how, coming from his background, he might be uncomfortable with it. They are big on circumcision and all the other things he's okay with not doing now, but they don't have conversations about that. They only jump on you if you say something bad about it. With birth, though, they take photos of the operating room and c-sections! They put things like that in baby books! Only this last nephew of mine was born "naturally" (according to his mom, vaginal = natural), and his mom was drugged up to the point of being drunk. She passed in and out of unconsciousness during the actual birth. It was ridiculous! So of course they go on about how their babies would have died if they hadn't had c-sections. I see how that would worry him. It's all he's known.

I just have to figure out how to get him open to the idea. I do think I'll have him read birth stories but he probably won't be willing to do that until I'm pregnant ... then I can phrase it in terms of "so you know what to expect" and slip in some HB stories and definitely some UC stories. Then I can talk about what he thought in comparison. Even if I can't get him to read them til then, though, there's still 9 months and he reads plenty fast enough.

</div>