View Single Post
July 11th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Jumping over from Jan. DDC. I have a similar problem! My DH has a 6 year old son. He lives with us though! Lucky me... I have had alot of resentment towards him and it has taken alot from me to accept him and our situation. I still have that little twinge of ----not sure what the word is---at times. And he does irrate me at times to no end!! He is only six and I am afraid it is going to get alot worse. You have it lucky cause he is only with you every other weekend. That is how it started when my DH and I got together. But then his mother decided that she didn't want him any more and gave custody to my DH. Which caused alot of agony between us b/c he felt it was a decision that didn;t need to be discussed. So anyway I have come to terms with this and accepted that this is what my life has become. The only way I can get through it is to keep telling my self he is getting older every day and one day he will be old enough and won't want anything to do with us! Those days can not come fast enough!! Good luck and maybe we can chat more! It is nice to have someone who is going through the same things! No one else seems to understand the grief it sometimes gives!!! But good luck and I hope we can chat more!! Kristi

P.S. Dh and I have one child together and # 2 on the way...Things get a little worse when the baby comes..You feel more irittated and agravated by them!!