View Single Post
February 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Monday 2-19-07, 11w5d

Well we had an u/s this morning that confirmed my suspicion that the baby was no longer alive.

Today is Monday. Thursday night I could no longer find the hb on the doppler and I was spotting very faint. The u/s today revealed that the baby grew to 11 weeks. So I have a pretty accurate time for when my baby's soul left my body. Without the doppler I never would have known. I am greatful for that.

I went to the dr's Friday and they thought I was nuts. I told the nurse that I really felt something was wrong. They humored me and saw me that day. They had to wait until today to get me in for the u/s. I am glad in a way because it gave me a little time to prepare myself for what I might see.

What I saw was my baby laying face down in a ball at the bottom of the screen. It took me all of 5 seconds to see it wasn't moving. That was the hardest thing I have ever looked at. I asked the tech and she said it stopped growing a week after the last scan which was at 10 weeks. This kid was a fighter. She offered to let me have pics. I said no. I just couldn't do it. The baby looked so "sick" laying there like that.

This pregnancy has been sooo easy. I never once got sick. I was a little tired, but not bad.

Now I would give anything for constant m/s and a healthy baby. That isn't meant to be though.

I am tired and have a headache from crying. I just want nature to hurry up and let me get this over with. I want to see my sweet tiny baby.

I am just a mess right now. I can't eat. I hate having this baby bump with no living baby. That must be the cruelest (sp?) trick your body could ever play on you.

If I can't be pregnant I just want my normal life back. This really does suck.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.