Another "You're from Texas if..."
View Single Post
July 19th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
You're from Texas if...........
1. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur,Waxahatchie, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, MEXIA, Waco, and Amarillo. Don't forget Nacogdoches!!
2. You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and
look for a funnel.
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor
on the highway.
5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined
by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
8. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
10. You measure distance in minutes.
11. You refer to the capital of Texas as "home of the Longhorns."
12. It doesn't bother you to use an airport named for a man who died
in an airplane crash.
13. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special
14. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the
15. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
16. You know cow pies are not made of beef.
17. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their
18. You have known someone who has had one belt buckle bigger than
19. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a
four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
20. You know which state Miam-uh is in....... and which state Miam-ee is in
21. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.
22. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
23. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford F350 4x4 is.
24. You know everything goes better with Ranch.
25. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
26. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin' " to send them to your friends.
Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:
"You wanna coke?"
If this don't define a Texan, I don't know what does!
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Joshlynn'sMommy