Topic: Hey
View Single Post
March 6th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Everyone above stated many of my own reasons too. My first was born in the hospital, I was young, but I read everything I could get my hands on, had confidence in my body's abiltiy to birth gently and naturally, but, when it came down too it, I was very scared and intimidated by my doctor and faculty at the hospital. They all treated me with very little respect, and I left there with little confidence and my dignity shot. ~ Not a good way to begin motherhood.

Second time around I started seeing a group of CNM's, planning a hospital birth again. I began reading SO much more and broadened my horizons. I was part of a LLL group where a few women shared their homebirth experiences with me. My 4th month in to the pregnancy I ditched the CNM's, secured a wonderful lay midwife, and never looked back! 7 of my 8 have been born at home, and only a true complication would send me to the hospital.

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4