View Single Post
March 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
How do you find a good HBMW?

What kind of rates do they usually have?

What do you think are my chances of one taking me if I am 39/40 weeks pg?

thanks[/b]

I found my MW online by googling "midwife TN." She is a CPM certified through NARM (North American Registry of Midwives- Link).

We are being charged $2100 on a sliding scale because of our income. Her usual fees are $2800. Like the pp said, a lot of them will file your insurance. You also may be able to get a discount since you will most likely only have 1 or 2 prenatals before the birth. Price really depends on your area.

I think you'd have a pretty good chance as long as you can find one who is available for that time period. Also, how far are you from Nashville, TN? You could always travel to The Farm if you wanted.

If you want, I can help you find one in your area. Just PM me if you need or want me to help in your search!

Jenny

Edit: You responded when I was typing my reply. Most good MW's aren't in it for the money! It would be very possible for you to explain your situation to them to get some help with the finances. Most are willing to work with you especially with arranging payments on a plan or something. And if your insurance covers MW's then it is just a transfer of care just like it would be if you decided to switch OB's. If they cover MW's then they couldn't tell you no, you can't switch. I hope I said that right.
[/b]
oooooo!!!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to birth at "The Farm" InaMay here I wish I was coming!!!!