View Single Post
March 16th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a poo head. I guess i should have added, not only can they not drop you as a client for refusing induction, they are also required to perform and tests to check on the health of your baby that you request, to not do so would be neglect on their part. Tell them that 95% of women don't make babies too big for their bodies, and there is no way to see if it's "too big" other than going through labor, it's not something you can predict. Even if you are an almighty all-knowing all-seeing OB I pushed out a 10lb. 12oz. baby AT HOME!!!!! When his shoulders got stuck, my MW didn't say, OH GOD, YOU NEED A C-SECTION! She said, hey abbey, his shoulders are stuck, stand up. Up i stood, and out he came. True you can't test for meconium, but even if present, it's not the big deal that the baby shows make it out to be. Calcification of the placenta, that is SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. Don't let them freak you out. ok, mini rant over.

You are a beautiful capable birthing mama! You CAN do this and you WILL do this and it wil be wonderful and magical. Your body and your baby were made for this. Go put your feet up and stop worrying.