Topic: Missing God
View Single Post
March 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
OK... ha ha, I have a lot of nun jokes because I grew up Catholic. So here's my fave:

One Sunday the local convent received three young girls who were interested in becoming nuns. Mother Superior went to greet the three girls and talk to them about serving the Lord.
Mother Superior says to the first, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
The first girl says, "I want to be a doctor, so I can help sick people get better."
Mother Superior is pleased and goes on to the next: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
The second girl says, "I want to be a veterinarian, so I can help animals who are God's creatures."
Mother Superior is again pleased and goes on to the final girl.
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
The young girl says, "I want to be a prostitute!"

"A WHAT???"

"A prostitute."

"Oh" says Mother Superior. "What a relief! I thought you said a PROTESTANT!"[/b]

My aunt was just re-elected Mother Superior of her order. Do I really need to say that she sends me religious books every Christmas? Sometimes she just doesn't get it. Like when she told my niece that rain was God crying and thunder was the angels bowling. Do you know how freaking excited that kid was when I told her thunder/lightning is actually static electricity!? She thought that was so cool! WHY do people think kids need simplistic made-up explanations!?

Sorry. That incident comes to mind every time I hear the words "Mother Superior".

</div>