View Single Post
April 2nd, 2007, 06:02 AM
paganempath
I'm an avid CVS shopper. I like CVS for two reasons: 1. you get 2% cash back (in the form of extra bucks) on all purchases and 2. the extra bucks rewards on products. But like Kris said-- just because you can get extra bucks back on an item, don't assume it's a great deal; you need to figure out if it's the best deal you can get.

And CVS is a coupon lover's dream. I guess that'd be a third reason why I like them. They'll let you use all sorts of combinations of coupons to really save money. For example, you can use a CVS coupon for an item (they print out on your receipt), a manufacturer's coupon for the item, a manufacturer's check for the item (like formula ones), a CVS coupon for x amount off on an x amount purchase, plus any extra bucks that you have.

I must brag about my latest conquest. Yesterday I bought a pack of Huggies and a tube of toothpaste. The Huggies were on sale for $9 (regularly $10.50) and the toothpaste was $3.49. Now there is no way on earth that I would pay $3.49 for toothpaste and I didn't. I had a $1.00 manufacturer's coupon plus a $2 CVS coupon. So I actually got it for about $.73 with tax. And even though I usually like to hold out for lower sale prices on diapers, I had a $1.00 coupon and the baby was low on diapers anyway. My total came to $9.22. And since I had an extra bucks reward from last week that I hadn't gotten yet and the 1st quarter rewards came in, my extra bucks of $9.00 printed out. So I actually spent 22 cents. Not bad at all.

I think you'll really like CVS. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask us.