View Single Post
April 4th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Regular
I was 44.5 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and I was miserable! I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions for at least 5 weeks and they were pretty strong (or what I though what BH) but nothing ever happened. I walked constantly, had more sex then I wanted, ate spicy foods anything to get this labor started!! Well nothing worked and I decided that this baby would come when she wanted and that was that.

On March 2nd I woke up at about 5 am With what I thought was going to be a BAD stomach bug. I made a cup of tea and layed down on the couch to watch TV and fell asleep. The next thing I know I woke up soaked and though I had peed myself! Went to sit up and something "down there " did not feel right, so I pulled up my nighty and felt between my legs and what do you know the top of a head!! That is when it hit me my water had broke and the baby was coming!!! At this point I am starting to panic but then decided it was too late for all that.

I decided to squat by the couch and put a pillow on the floor under me. With the next contraction (at this point the tractions had started to HURT) the babies head started to slowly inch out, I was not pushing at all she was just coming on her own and boy talk about Ring of Fire!!! After her head was out I reached down to check for cord and found none so I pushed her out the rest of the way and she slid out onto the pillow! THis is when DH made his appearance, he comes down the hall and wants to know why I am watching baby story that early in the morning as he heard a baby crying!

I told him it was not the TV it was the baby and would he please get me some towels and a blanket for the baby. He stands there digesting what I just said and started freaking out, I was like the time for that is over she is here she is fine but she is getting cold!! He finds everything helps me to the couch and we jsut stare at our beautiful baby! The placenta come about 30 mins later and looked fine! I had not tears, brusing or sorenessin my bottom, I was amazed!!! All in all it was a wonderful birth and will have all my babys at home from now on!!