View Single Post
April 4th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
<div class='quotemain'>
The reason why this is becoming a ff/bf debate is because we assuming that choosing not to use breastfeeding 100% is somehow a huge sacrifice considering the alternatives.. It's not considering the latter of not having dad allowed equal access.[/b]
I do assume that....and with good reason. Having experienced breastfeeding firsthand I know more than ever what a huge sacrifice it would be-to me, but mostly to my daughter-not to have experienced it.[/b][/quote]
Exactly.. it's another ff/bf debate.

Quote:
Why does the father need EQUAL access in the first few months anyways? Why is that so essential? Is there some magical number of hours he must spend with his child in order to properly bond? How does that trump the importance of stability and breastfeeding? How is that in the best interest of the child?[/b]
If breastfeeding is a woman's only card not to have equal access, than that exactly shows why there is no reason not to assume the father shouldn't have equal and fair time ~ not other harm. Stability is something that can easily be established, if the parents are working together and not having one assume they are more important that the other. If one party is assume they are somehow more important, than that's clearly not in the child's best interest.
[/b][/quote]

Is that a fact? Or just your opinion?