Topic: Do you PKU?
View Single Post
April 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get both done. I would probably decline the Vit. K shot if I could breastfeed because the baby gets that from Momma's milk (esp. if the momma is taking vit K supplements). But I have a rare condition (neoplastic breasts) and can't produce ANY milk...so that's out for me. I do the PKU because I know someone that if they didn't get it their baby would have likely died, as she had a protein intolerance that is rare and was detected in the test. They were able to quickly turn her around and have her on a special diet for life and weekly blood draws to make sure the levels are where they're supposed to be. I know it's rare...but I figure, why take the chance? It's just a diagnostic test. I don't do any vaccinations though...but think now that my kids are older I'll do the Tetanus this year...NOT the DTP but just the two part one.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~