View Single Post
April 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Veteran
Maybe your state is different, but if TPR (termination of parental rights) happened, then usually visits do stop and finalization happens shortly. It sounds as if they are in foster care, but TPR has not happened. To answer questions, if you want to adopt from foster care, contact your local department of social services. You will have to go through Pride training (or foster parent classes) and have a home study done. In Maryland, you can absolutely decide if you want a girl or boy (even if you have other children) and you can adopt from other states (adoptuskids is a great site!). If you chose to foster first, then you may have kids get reunified with their parents, but you can also get to know kids before you are faced with the question of whether or not to adopt them. You also have more of a chance at getting a baby or small child (at least where I am, foster parents usually decide to adopt the cute little ones and they never get posted on a website in search of a family). I am sorry to anyone who has had a bad experience. That does not make the social work profession look very good!!!! I do think that there are good social workers out there, though!!!