View Single Post
April 13th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also think that you can absolutely do it, no matter which way you choose. If you can find a wonderful midwife then go with that, if you can't go it alone babe, we'll be here to support you! Personally after having my first MW assisted home birth, the reason I would have her there again, is that I didn't have to think. Neither did DH, after 28 hours, i was SPENT. When I wanted to go to the bedroom and my MW literally had to haul my limp body in there, she knew to get me some grape juice and make me drink it, I was so much better after that, and yes, my DH could have been "trained" to anticipate that and deal with it, he didn't have to, he could just hold me and stay with me. There are a million other little things she did that made it easier and smoother and I really appreciated her presence. Also, while I chose to be alone for much of my labor, I liked knowing that there were at least two women in the next room who were calm and totally confident in my ability to do this. So for ME, with a MW like mine, I wouldn't do it any other way, but if I couldn't have her? I'd prob go it alone.