View Single Post
April 19th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My name is Charmaine, and I am due to have my second baby in October, I had my first baby (Alexandria) at a Military hospital (Naval medical centre) here in San Diego which is where dh and I are currently based.

And I was thinking about checking out the birthing centre here in San Diego, because I was thinking this time round I wouldn't mind having a water birth.
Nothing against my hospital, cause when I had alex, the naval medical center was more then fantastic, and I guess apart from fear of having a all natrual birth, I feel comfortable with the hospital because they were so good to me when I was having alex. I just really would like to experience a birthing centre and having a water birth, but I am really really scared of having a all natrual birth.

Has anyone had a baby a birthing centre?? or any expereinces at all??

My only other concern is that because I had to be induced last time because I had to much protein in my urine (they thought at first I had pre clampsia, but because I didn't have the high blood pressure they had rules it out), that when I get to the 3rd trimester the same thing could happen and I will end up having to have this baby at the hospital anyways.

I guess I could talk to my midwife at the hospital anyways and see what she things and or suggests, though I would assume cause she works for the hospital she will most likely tell me that I should have the baby at the hospital or something like that, I just figured with her being a midwife and all she might be a little more open minded.

What do you all think???

[CENTER]Alexandria & Abigail, Sisters forever!