View Single Post
April 27th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
I see it as different than pageants. In modeling (especially for baby products) the baby isn't being paraded across a stage and compared to other babies.

I do think you have to be careful with modeling because there are a lot of people out there who are just sickos.

I just got a ton of stuff at my baby shower. A lot of the packages had pics of babies on them and none of them seemed to be fake tanned, covered in makeup or anything like that. They looked like normal everyday babies.[/b]
To the underlined- Are you insinuating that this is different from pageants because of what you stated, because some pageants are natural to, so thus they produce children that ultimately portray the same image.....
To the bolded - how do you think babies get modeling jobs, they compete with other children to get them, they are dressed up to get the part, they probably won't get the job if they don't perform well in front of the camera or panel of those making the selections, to say they aren't being paraded or compared is IMO unrealistic. I think they are doing just that..... but as long as the parent is responsible I don't see the problem with it, I'm just trying to point out that it may be a lot more like pageants than everyone wants to say.