View Single Post
May 1st, 2007, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had complete previa, my placenta was totally covering my cervix. I was prepared for a major bleed but made it without having any. The good news is Previa rarely results in loss of baby. Worst case scenario, you'd have to stay in the hospital for a few months so they can keep an eye on you and do transfusions if you need them due to excessive bleeding.
I delivered my boy at 36 weeks by c-section because my ob didn't want to chance me going any longer. He had a week stay in the nicu and is doing wonderfully now.
It's always so scary to hear that something isn't right, I know I was terrified when I heard I had previa. But you just force yourself to do as your dr. ordered and rest. I think that's what helped me to not have any bleeds. It is worth a few months of sloth to keep yourself and your baby healthy. With the warmer weather you can sit on a lawn chair outside with a good book and get some fresh air that way.
I don't know anything about a clot. But with the previa since it's partial you actually have a great chance of it moving up over the next few months. Your baby has a lot of growing to do and that will stretch your uterus and a high percentage of mom's with partial previa found before 20 weeks ends up with it moving out of the way... (I think like 90%).
Please pm me if you have any questions and concerns. I've been there with the previa and know how hard it is to deal with a high risk pregnancy.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08