View Single Post
May 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM
Veteran
My name is Amy, and I'm a first time mother of a little boy that is 3 months old. I find myself reading on the loss boards, and it wasn't until right now that I understand why I do this. Previously I've felt "wrong" to come here and read your stories because my little one is healthy right now, but I realize that I read here so that I never take for granted the time I am given with Ewan. I don't know what tomorrow will bring; I don't know how long God will allow me to hold Ewan on this Earth. But, no matter what, I don't want to take for granted one single moment I am given. Becoming his mother is the greatest gift, and most amazing blessing I've ever been given, and reading your stories reminds me that even when he's crying, even when I'm exhausted, even when I'd rather be making love to his father than feeding him at 2am...I'm so fortunate to have him.

I pray that every one of you finds peace. I can't even imagine how difficult the road you've traveled has been, nor do I claim to think I am as strong as any one of you. Please know that I read your stories, not to feel sympathy for you, but to appreciate and admire you all for what you've been through. You remind me everyday that being Ewan's mother is an honor--a privilege--not a right.

Many blessings to all of you,
Amy