50 Yards Away
View Single Post
May 7th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Texas
of course the US is different, but our Child Endangerment laws include this typically
What are Child Endangerment Laws?
Child Endangerment laws make it a crime to endanger the health or life of a child through an adultís recklessness or indifference. Some states include child endangerment offenses in existing child abuse statutes. Other states made child endangerment a separate offense.
What are Examples of Child Endangerment?
The states differ as to what constitutes child endangerment, but some common examples include:
* Leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle
* Driving while intoxicated with a child in the motor vehicle
* Hiring a person with a known history of sexual offenses as a childcare provider
* Serving alcohol to an underage driver
* Leaving a young child unsupervised or in the care of another young child
* Unreasonable corporal punishment resulting in bodily injury
* Drug manufacturing in the presence of a child
* Leaving a young child unsupervised in an unsafe area
* Failure to report suspected child abuse[/b]
"I will make it through this because it is for her and for her, I will do anything. I am not brave, I am not strong, I am just Rhiannonís mom
". Our TTC/Adoption/Pregnancy Blog:
Jump Over The Rainbow
View Public Profile
Visit Lash's homepage!
Find all posts by Lash