View Single Post
May 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I totally agree with you Ann. I have literally seen people on here say that their doctor told them one thing, and they did their "internet research" and went against doctor's orders. I'm not talking about stuff like supplementing formula or anything like that - I'm talking real issues. I am amazed at the number of people that think that doctors are out to get them. I totally think that you should do as much research as you can, but never, ever, does doing internet research equal a medical degree.

And doctor's aren't out to get us![/b]

That's the stuff I'm talking about...just a general distrust. Taking research on the internet over their doctor's 8 years of medical school....that stuff. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think Docs are the be all, end all of knowledge but I definately take what they say into consideration and don't conclude that they are screwballs. This is something I've noticed my entire time on JM and not just recently.....and it's not just OB's that are the target....pediatricians and other docs come into play on occasion too.