Topic: My little man
View Single Post
May 14th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Your little man seems to have done the same path as my little one. She was born at 5 lbs 9 oz 18 in and is now 17lbs 30 in at one year. If we lived in a warm climate, I know she'd still be in 6 month clothes. Since she's reasonably tall, though, we've had to buy larger clothing to cover her up for the winter. I have a bazillion pictures of her pants around her knees because they just can't stay up. I had to rely on overalls almost exclusively throughout the end of the winter and early spring. Now that she can wear short sleeves and shorts/capris again, I'm having less problems. Poor thing got so many 12 month summer clothes for her birthday, though. I'm thinking maybe she'll fit into them next year!

I would push your doctor a little harder if you think there is cause for concern. We have been referred to a nutritionist because her weight gain has slowed in the past several months due to her very poor appetite. She is energetic and hitting all her milestones early, but the doctor said it's better to get it looked at early before it could potentially start causing problems.

And I know what you mean about getting upset about how other babies are doing. My cousin had a preemie in October who had to be in the NICU for 6 weeks. Her baby passed my Anna in weight when he was only five months old, literally half of Anna's age (even less for his adjusted age)! That was a shock to say the least.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year