View Single Post
May 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Veteran
It sounds like the bleed could have been caused by the previa, or also what is known as a subchorionic hemmorage. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic bleed at my 9 week u/s (I'm high risk due to LOTS of factors so I get u/s every week at this point-34 weeks; but have had them at least monthly). I never bled out, my body reabsorbed the blood, but my perinatologist warned me that if the bleed hemmoraged I would have a big gush of blood like what you've had. While totally scary, I belong to a yahoogroup of women who have all been diagnosed with a SCH and there are SO many success stories!!!!! It's http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCHGroup/ if you're interested in checking it out. Lots of really great support and answers to questions. I would definitely ask my doc at my next appt. if that is what you have in conjuction with the previa. While there are no real treatments for an SCH, bedrest is the most commonly prescribed thing. It's not necessarily been proven to help, but alot of women who have had these feel that the bedrest is the main reason that it has healed or that their pregnancies have been successful. Good luck hun!

mika

My Froggy Girl Shop