View Single Post
December 19th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I Heart 4x4
First of all Chris, welcome here.

I'm Ashley, I'm 21 and I have a 2 year old. Sometimes the best things in life are the most unexpected. So try not to think of this as something horribly negative because it's quite the opposite. Everything happens for a reason. Just because you possibly got a girl pregnant ... doesn't mean the end of your career. It also does not mean you have to get married, either.

Lots of people can co-parent a child. There are arrangements that can be worked out (child support, custody, etc.).

When I got pregnant with my son back in 2002, I had been with the guy for a very, very short time as well. In fact, the day after I moved out (yes, I moved in with him after only a couple weeks, bad choice!) ... I found out I was pregnant. I don't talk to the father anymore, and for a long time I faced being a single parent. Luckily for me, I met my now DH (sorry, dear husband) and we've been together since I was 6 months pregnant. He's now in the process of adopting my son, and as for the other guy ... he's completely out of the picture.

To answer your question ... yes, it IS possible to miss a period due to stress. I've done this myself a couple times. As for the HPTs ... do you know if they were the same brand? If not, it could be that one test is more 'sensitive' then the other. If it is the same test ... it would all depend on if she took it right after the other, if she used first morning urine, etc.

I would definitly recommend her getting in to a doctor's office ASAP.

And take another look at the condom box .... they aren't 100% effective, even when the condom doesn't break. I think it's about 87% or so ... I'd have to research it.

Best of luck to you, Chris. I'm sure you will find your way and make the best decision you can.

((hugs))

If you'd like to talk to my DH about being a young father, he'll be home later on today from work. Let me know (I have AIM - I Heart 4x4 is my username), and he'd be happy to talk to you, man to man.