View Single Post
December 19th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello. Welcome to JM! I'm 22. I had my son when I was 21. The father and I had only known each other a month when I got pregnant. It was scary. He was in his 4th year of college amd wanted to make sure he would graduate. He thought the same thing you did. If he had a child he would not succeed. Well I wasnt gonna give up the baby or abort him. Knowing he would have a child actually pushed him harder. His GPA went up and graduated on the deals list. He know works at a great medical center. We lived in Denver for 6 months and are back in NY. We just bought a car and are buying a house this summer. We were fortunate that we love each other and plan to stay together forever.

I tell you the story of my husband so that you can see that it is possible to suceed with a child. It doesnt matter if you guys are together as a couple or not. Tell her straight up that you dont want to be with her romantically. but if she chooses to keep the child you will be man enough to help out as father. Discuss what you want to do as parents. Put it in writing.

Urge her to go to the dr ASAP. You deserve what is going on as much as she does. She could also be late because of stress. Only a blood test can tell.

Good luck. Try to look at the positive side--yes there is one. I child is a blessing. Things will be crazy and stressful but a child makes it all worth it. A child give you a goal.