View Single Post
May 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~~~Sue~~~
Quote:
None of my children did well with the weekly "list and test" approach. For some folks, spelling just comes almost naturally. If your daughter is fortunate in that regard, having her do some daily writing or copy work (like making her own poem book or nature notebook, or keeping a journal) might be all you need to do. Scrabble is an excellent game for spelling (and vocabulary) practice, and there are lots of online resources as well. We also adapted "Mother May I" for spelling practice- they got to take a step forward for each word correctly given, and a word misspelled took them back to the beginning.[/b]
She is so not like this. Writing is another subject she is working and doing very well in since being home with me, but still have a ways to go till she is where I/We would like to see her... I am not a strong speller so i am really looking to find what works...

Has anyone heard of Spelling Power? This book (program) is supposed to be good, but I only know one person who actually uses it and that person only uses the words from it and not any of the activities to help with learning because her child learns quickly in spelling!
Sue